The CUE drive is used on the Grundfos VLSC inline commercial pumps. Since it is a Danfoss VFD, it cannot be configured with the (Dongle) Go Remote control.
The duty/standby function also commonly known as “lead-lag” control is designed for two pumps installed in parallel. It is designed for only one pump to operate at a time. The duty pump and the standby pump alternate operation every 24 hours.
The standby pump is more dependable if it is exercised regularly. The standby pump will automatically turn on if the duty pump has a fault. Below are the steps for setting it up:
- Install the two CUE’s/ pumps per the installation and operating
instructions included with the CUE and pump. Note the mechanical installation, electrical connections and the safety/ warnings. If a sensor (pressure, flow, level or temperature) is required for operation, each pump will require a sensor. Both CUE’s must have the same control mode. (Constant Pressure, Open Loop etc.)
- Prime the pumps. Use the start-up guide for general settings of the CUE including setting the correct direction of rotation. The start-up guide is started the first time the CUE is connected to a power supply.
- Remove the power supply from the CUE’ s. Touching the electrical parts may be fatal, even after the CUE has been switched off. Before performing any work on the CUE, t h e power supply and other input voltages must be switched off at least as long as stated in the installation and operating instruction s of the CUE.
of the AYB
- Push the cable end through the grommet and into the CUE.
- Remove the “AYB” connector plug from the first CUE. (Terminals 61, 68 and 69)
- Connect the black w ire to terminal 61 of the “AYB” connector plug.
- Connect the orange wire to terminal 68 of the “AYB” connector plug.
- Connect the red wire to terminal 69 of the “AYB” connector plug.
- Reconnect the “AYB” connector plug to the first CUE.
- Repeat steps A – F for the second CUE.
- Turn on the power supply to the first CUE. And set to the duty/standby to “not active” in the installation menu of the first CUE.
- Set the “pump number” to “l” in the installation menu of the first CUE.
- Set the other displays as required for the first pump. (“such as set point “) The on button must remain on.
- Change the “operating mode” to “stop” in the operation menu of the first CUE. Note: The green indicator light flashes.
- Next, connect the power supply to the second CUE.
- Turn on the second CUE using the On/Off Button and verify the “operating mode” is set to “normal” in the operation menu of the second pump.
- Set the “pump number” to “2” in the installation menu of the second CUE.
- Set the other displays as required for the second pump application. (“such as set point “) Note: Both pumps must have the same control mode on screen 3.1in the installation menu.
- Set the duty/standby to “active” in the installation menu of the second pump. The green indicator light is on.
Please note the second pump will search for the first pump and automatically set the duty/standby to “active” in the installation menu. The second pump will operate for the first 24 hours. The two pumps will then alternate operation every 24 hours.